Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Elegant Thank You

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't made a new post in a while, but I will update more frequently now because I am way less busy!!! I am going to try the step-by-step picture tutorial for a card today (i don't have a good enough camera for video yet--sorry!). Tell me what you think in the comments below!
Here's the card:


Today I made an elegant thank you card with some colored cardstock from the hero hues collection (love that!)  I started with the color latte from the earth folded cards pack. Using chestnut roan from color box chalk inks, I filled in the front of the card slowly using dabbing motions.
Then, I stamped one of the fall flourishes from Inkadinkadoo in copper (Colorbox Chalk Inks).
I used diamond stickles on the copper flourishes, and using a sponge and broken china distress ink, distressed just the corners of the card for a more vintage look.

I also distressed the sides of the card using scissors. Just scrape the edge of the blade back and forth on the card (don't use your "good" pair of scissors because it will make them dull!) You're doing it right if a bunch of white fluff explodes from the card every time you scrape! Do this on a paper towel or scratch piece of paper. :)

I made a fancy die-cut (because I didn't have one :) out of white cardstock by cutting a template and tracing it onto the cardstock and cutting it out. I wanted it to be more cream colored, so I used a sponge and chestnut roan chalk ink to lightly fill in the die-cut.
I stamped the "thank you" sentiment from the finding joy stamp set from hero arts using broken china distress ink. Then, I added a copper border around the die-cut using a blender pen. To finish off the card, I added two rhinestones to each end of the die-cut!


Thanks for reading! As always, post in the comments below if you have any questions!
By the way, essentials for cardmaking is almost ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment